ESTABLISHED IN 1977
HR People + Strategy (HRPS) is the premier network of executives and thought leaders in the field of human resources. As SHRM’s Executive Network, HR People + Strategy provides members access to forward thinking exchanges, research and publications and executive level networking opportunities.
Chartered in 1977 as the Human Resource Planning Society, the founders rallied around their desire for an association that would bring people together who were interested in advancing the science and art of human resource management. They were —as they are today — HR professionals, leading academics and trusted advisers. The implied goal was to help people acquire the knowledge and credibility required to play a key role in the design and execution of organizational strategy.
From the start, HR People + Strategy was known for attracting top talent to its conferences and executive leadership programs. The combination of thought-provoking speakers and educators, coupled with practical lessons from HR executives and experienced consultants, differentiated the society. Various forums provided opportunities for small group discussions and debates on areas of critical interest to the profession. At these events, and within the HRPS sponsored blogs and discussion groups, all views are welcome. Unlike other professional associations, HRPS has never taken a public stand on any political agenda or piece of legislation. This allows for a diversity of opinion and a level of civility that is refreshing.
Read more about the history and evolution of HR People + Strategy.
To bring together HR leaders, academics and trusted advisors into a member-led community to actively learn and exchange knowledge so that members can achieve their potential, drive organization performance and advance our profession.
To be the premier global community focused on people and strategy.
To bring together a diverse group of HR executives and thought leaders and to align our resources to extend knowledge in the HR People + Strategy Five Pillars of Knowledge.
HR People + Strategy Five Pillars of Knowledge
The following five knowledge areas are those HR People + Strategy believes are the most critical and strategic to HRM and HR best practices. HRPS has identified these pillars of knowledge through extensive research on human resources management and organizational development. These five areas drive the content and outcomes of all HRPS educational activities, from conferences to webcasts to content in our People + Strategy journal.
Enhancing the impact of the profession:
- Ensuring functional excellence within the human resources organization
- Maximizing HR’s impact
- Validating HR’s effectiveness
- Solidifying HR’s perception and reputation
- Developing solid measurement and reporting tools
Ensuring excellence in human capital management:
- Aligning business and HR planning
- Linking business strategy and HR strategy
- Involving HR in corporate governance and decision making
- Contributing to corporate social responsibility
Impacting leadership skills and attitudes individually and collectively:
- Acquiring, motivating, training and developing leaders
- Planning for leadership succession
- Providing diverse and inclusive functional and organizational leadership
Strengthening the organization’s effectiveness in achieving its intended outcomes:
- Directing culture and organizational change
- Building a learning culture
- Implementing organizational design
- Developing and maintaining intellectual capital
- Ensuring organizational learning, agility and transformation
- Managing knowledge
Securing diverse talent to meet the organization’s future needs at all levels, including:
- Managing talent acquisition
- Developing retention strategies
- Driving employee motivation
- Fostering employee development
Bylaws are the rules that govern the internal management of HRPS. They cover topics such as how the directors are elected, how meetings of directors are conducted, what officers the organization will have and what duties the officers will perform. As the organization grows and matures, board members will review and revise bylaws as needed. Download HRPS Bylaws here.
A copy of the HRPS Annual Report will be available to members at the 2015 HRPS Annual Conference. To request a copy e-mail email@example.com.